IDVR Job Openings
Below is the link to the state’s website to apply for current posted positions. If there is nothing currently listed, email your resume along with a letter of interest to: DVR Human Resources
Rehabilitation Counseling Careers
A career as a Rehabilitation Counselor with IDVR can be long and rewarding. The counselor career ladder begins at the entry-level (minimum bachelor’s) counselor position . With the attainment of experience, education, and certification coupled with successful performance and management’s recommendation, an entry-level counselor can be promoted to Rehabilitation Counselor and then to the senior level. Each level of advancement brings a broader scope of responsibility and authority, which allows the agency to operate at a high level of commitment and professionalism. Opportunities exist for either specializing in a particular area or preparing for a management position.
Vocational Rehabilitation Assistant (VRA)
The Vocational Rehabilitation Assistant establishes relationships with customers and assists with their needs, while providing office support to agency field personnel and upper management. The VRA position provides a window into the world of vocational rehabilitation counseling and is excellent preparation for movement into a counseling position upon attainment of a bachelor’s degree in a related field.
The Idaho Division of Vocational Rehabilitation participates in the E-Verify program which is an Internet-based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees.
Idaho VR Employee Benefits
All IDVR employees are offered a comprehensive benefits package that includes the following:
- Medical Insurance (health, dental and vision) for employees and their dependents effective the 1st of the month following employment start date.
- Tax Deferred Flexible Spending Accounts for medical and child care costs
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance for employees and dependents
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- State Retirement Program
- Deferred Compensation Investment Plan
- Short-term and Long-term Disability Benefits
- Sick leave and vacation leave time (Accrues at the end of each pay period with no waiting period to use)
- Eleven paid holidays per year
- Optional membership at Idaho Central Credit Union