Services for Individuals with Disabilities
The Idaho Division of Vocational Rehabilitation’s program goal is to place Idahoans with disabilities into the workforce by securing and maintaining productive employment. IDVR can provide the services required to assist you to go to work and can assist you in locating suitable employment. Only services that you need to reach employment will be provided.
Services to individuals may include:
- Vocational guidance and counseling for adjustment to disability.
- Vocational exploration and planning for entry or re-entry into the workforce.
- Assessment to determine vocational strengths and weaknesses to plan for services required to reach the employment outcome.
- Training for those who need a career change because of disability. Such training can involve higher education, on the job training, vocational-technical training, etc.
- Tools and licenses can be provided, if needed, to enter a specific trade or profession.
- Medical assistance can be provided, if needed, to secure or maintain employment and is part of a comprehensive rehabilitation plan.
- Job development and placement involves you and your Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor working together to secure employment.
- Rehabilitation Technology can be provided to assist you in preparation for placement on the job site.
- Follow-along can be extremely important to ensure that your job is successful. Such follow-along can assist in resolving any job problems that may occur.