End: Menu Navigation
VR Services / Customer Rights & Responsibilities
· Be an active and full partner in the VR process.
· Comply with reasonable requirements and keep appointments.
· Cooperate and follow through with plan for employment & achieve employment.
· Notify counselor of any changes that may affect rehabilitation.
· Apply for and utilize comparable benefits when available.
· Participate financially as negotiated through financial needs assessment.
· Understand that IDVR will not pay for good or services without prior approval in writing. Any debt incurred, without this approval, is client’s responsibility.
IDVR services will be provided without regard to sex, race, color, creed, home of national origin, age, disabling condition or veteran status.
· Documented physical or mental impairment (disability).
· Substantial impediment (barrier) to employment.
· Requires VR services to become employed.
· Ability to benefit in terms of an employment outcome.
OR · SSI or SSDI recipients who intend to achieve an employment outcome.
· A written eligibility determination within sixty (60) days unless client agrees to an extension in writing.
· Vocational Rehabilitation will provide an appropriate mode of communication.
· Appropriate assistive technology for evaluation or services leading to employment.
· Make meaningful and informed choices, during assessments, in the selection of employment outcomes, in services needed to achieve employment outcomes and on available services and vendors.
· Clients full involvement in all decisions, including participation in writing rehabilitation plan, amendment or changes.
Options in writing the Individual Plan for Employment (IPE):
· With assistance from VR Counselors, or other resources, or without assistance from VR.
· Be informed about Post Employment Services and closure decisions.
· All IDVR information is confidential and can only be released with client’s written permission, except for audits, mandated research efforts, law enforcement investigations, court subpoena, judicial order or other releases required by law or formal agreement.
· Access information from client’s file, unless not allowed by law.
· Understand that client has 10 days to file in writing, a request for an informal dispute resolution (administrative review), mediation.
· The Client Assistance Program (CAP) has been explained and brochure received.