All IDVR employees are offered a comprehensive benefits package that includes the following:
· Medical Insurance (health, dental and vision) for employees and their dependents
· Tax Deferred Flexible Spending Accounts for medical and child care costs
· Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
· Supplemental Life Insurance for employees and dependents
· Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
· State Retirement Program
· Deferred Compensation Investment Plan
· Short-term and Long-term Disability Benefits
· Sick leave and vacation leave time (begins accruing on first day of employment)
· Ten paid holidays per year
· Optional membership at Idaho Central Credit Union
· Tuition fee reductions at most State Colleges and Universities for employees. Amount varies on school choice.
Rehabilitation Counselor CareersA career as a Rehabilitation Counselor with IDVR can be long and rewarding. The counselor career ladder begins at the entry-level Counselor position. With the attainment of experience, education, and certification coupled with successful performance and management’s recommendation, a counselor can be promoted to a Counselor II and may continue to be promoted to a Counselor III with further education, experience, etc. Opportunities exist for either specializing in a particular area or preparing for a management position. Each level of advancement brings a broader scope of responsibility and authority, which allows the agency to operate at a high level of commitment and professionalism.
The Idaho Division of Vocational Rehabilitation participates in the E-Verify program which is an Internet-based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees.